Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Beginnings

As we ring in yet another new year, we can take time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. I urge you to take one more look at your past year and see all they ways that you have changed, all the ways that you have grown.

Then really look at where you are now.

Think about the changes that you want to make in your life... friendships, relationships, attitudes, your walk with God, anything else that is big in your life. Some of the things you want to change may seem impossible, but I have great news about that. We serve the God of the IMPOSSIBLE!

Mark 10:27 - And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

And if that's not enough, we can also find this truth in the Bible.

Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

So we can take comfort in the fact that God will give us exactly what we need as long as we are walking with Him. If you don't have it, then you don't need it. And if you Do need it, then God will surely give it to you.

Psalm 84:11 - For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I know that one of the big things that I hope to change in my life this year is not taking the little things for granted. It seems like life goes by so fast, but I need to slow down and really look for God in the world around me, because He is everywhere.

So what do you want to change this year? Your major? Your friendships? Your campus? Your community? The world? With God's guidance and support, anything is possible. We as Christians would be better off as a whole if we would simply remember that.

I pray that you make the changes that God wants you to make this year, just as I pray that God will help me to do the same.

Happy New Year everyone!

God Bless,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment