Sunday, January 23, 2011

7304 Days

Life is fragile.

Every beat of your heart, every breath in your lungs, every neuron that fires in your brain does so because God tells it to. He loves and cares about us THAT MUCH! It is amazing to me how the Creator of the Universe could love me enough to orchestrate all the tiny things that keep me alive each and every day. He even loves me enough to hold all the tears that I've ever cried! Which... is a load, lemme tell you. lol. =) He's adding a few more to His hands right now. =) It just amazes me how blessed I am. I may not have the latest gadget or the coolest clothes, but I am blessed beyond measure. God has given me everything I NEED! He gave me two Amazing parents who have helped shape me into the woman I am today. He gave me a little sister to look after and be a role model for. He has never left me hungry, without a roof over my head, or unloved.

What else can I do but give Him every second of my life? He gave up SO much for me, I owe Him more than I could ever pay. But I don't have to repay Him, because there is nothing that I am capable of that would even begin to cover my debt. All He asks is that I love Him and follow Him.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with this angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.'"
~Matthew 16:24-27


He answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind': and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
'You have answered correctly,' Jesus replied. 'Do this and you will live.'
~Luke 10:27-28


So, from this day forward I will do my best (which, is not that fantastic given the frail human that I am) to serve Him with all of my mind, body, heart, and soul. He deserves SO much more than that, but that is what He asks.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot

Are you giving your all to Him?

Stop and think about it. Take just a minute and think about all the things that He has given you. I can't even begin to list all the things He has blessed me with. Every prayer He has answered, especially the ones that He answered in ways other than what I thought I wanted. I can't even begin to describe how amazing He is.
He has guarded and watched over me every one of the 7304 days that I have been on this earth, not to mention the 9 months before that. My life would be completely different without Him.

Came to my rescue - Hillsong
Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

My whole life
I place in your hands
God of Mercy
Humbled I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where you are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high


Where would you be without Him? Thank God for every day He has given you, and continue to thank Him for every day He leaves you on this earth. =) NEVER forget how much He loves you.

God Bless,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment