Monday, February 15, 2010

Not of This World

My pastor always says that "we are in this world, but we are not of this world."

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

As Christians, we Are Not of this world. We have been hand-picked by God and we belong to Him. We are His completely. Because of this, we should act differently. We should not try to blend into this world, as most of us do. We should stand out because We Are Different. We are God's children and the rest of the world should be able to see that through our lives. God doesn't want us to blend in. He wants us to stand out FOR HIM!

Being different isn't always easy. In fact, standing out for God is quite hard.
Jesus tells us And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. (Matthew 10:22)
But, we have to remember that no matter how hard it gets sometimes, God is always, Always there.
Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
God has told us that He is here for us at all times, and He cannot lie! That's the beauty of the Bible. God promises us so much, and we know that it is true because God cannot lie.

That's really all I have for tonight. In closing, I would just challenge you to stand out. Make a statement for God.

God Bless,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment