Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, my burden is light.
Tonight I am just musing upon this verse. The fact that Jesus tells us to lay ALL of our burdens on Him... I guess it just kind of baffles me sometimes to think about that fact. The fact that we don't have to feel the weight of our burdens. We, as humans, chose to place those weights on ourselves by thinking that we can handle things better than God can. I think that many times we get so caught up in the things that are going on around us, that we forget that God is there, simply waiting for us to lay our burdens on Him. We get bogged down and tuckered out so quickly sometimes that we can become crushed under the weight of those burdens. But the answer to releasing those weights is so simple. We, as humans, just hate to give up control. We don't like the idea of relinquishing our obligation to worry about things. But I can promise you this, God knows the answer. God knows the solution, no matter what the problem is. And I KNOW that He can handle any situation better than I can. His ways are above our own, and He knows what the best answers are.
So the next time you are feeling crushed under the weight of your burdens, or even if you are just beginning to feel the pressure building up, give control over to God. He will take your burdens and give you rest.
God Bless,
Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment