So... I have been severly lacking in the blog department. Summer and its complete lack of a steady schedule have definitely thrown me off the band wagon. If I've learned anything from the time I last wrote a blog until now, it's that humans are fickle and weak. We can easily be derailed and redirected. However, I guess that makes a lot of sense in regard to the fact that Jesus tells us, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." ~Matthew 7:13-14
Anyone can do the things that she wants to, but it takes a strong and dedicated person to do the will of the Lord. I think of all the great things that I have, all the things God has given me, and I wonder where I would be without Him. It doesn't take much thought to see that I would be in a much different, much worse, place without His hand at work in my life. Because of this, I get angry with myself for being so fickle. I get angry for not putting God first in my life each and every day. I know that as a human being I make, and will continue to make, mistakes. I wish that there was a way that I could be perfect for God, but I know that wish won't become a reality until I'm with Him face to face. So until then, I will continue to walk, stumble, fall, get back up, and walk for Him again. I need to become better at laying down my own life daily and picking up the cross. God never said this life would be easy, but it will be worth it when I get to spend forever with Him in eternity. I know that God will never bring me to something that He won't take me through. I just have to remember that He is in control of my life. I have to remember that I have been bought with a price, and that I am no longer my own.
God Bless,
Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment